Thursday 6 April 2023

 GREAT FILM HISTORIAN & FOUNDER OF 'NFAI'..NAIR!


A picture collage of P. K. Nair's work-life devoted to 'NFAI' & World Cinema!

Today is 90th Birth Anniversary of our Indian renowned Film Archivist, Film Historian and Founder-Director of the 'National Film Archive of India' (NFAI)..P. K. Nair!

I felicitated P.K.Nair in the function of my 'Chitrasrushti' in 2002 at 'NFAI'!

In 1989 I did 'Film Appreciation Course' jointly conducted by 'NFAI' and FTII'. Since then I had a long association with Nair sahab! I wrote a big article on 'NFAI' at its silver jubilee and interviewed him also for 'Jansatta' (Hindi newspaper).

 

In 2002, I launched my own film magazine 'Chitrasrushti' and in its publication ceremony Nair sahab delivered a lecture on World Cinema! And in each of its special issues he wrote an article! In 2013 he launched my film magazine's website too!

'Celluloid Man' an award winning documentary was made on his life and works!

Humble Tribute to Nairsahab!!

- Manoj Kulkarni

No comments:

Post a Comment