Tuesday 5 May 2020

CENTENARIES OF TWO LEGENDS OF ASIAN CINEMA!!


Father of Sri Lankan Cinema..Lester James Peries and..
our great Indian filmmaker Satyajit Ray..meeting of two legends!

One of the legends of Asian Cinema..Lester James Peries also regarded as the Satyajit Ray of Sri Lankan Cinema!

I am with great Mr. Lester James Peries & Mrs. Sumitra Peries..
in our 'International Film Festival of India' (IFFI), 2000 at Delhi.
So while we are celebrating the birth centenary year of our great filmmaker Satyajit Ray..I remembered Lester - James Peries! Last year was his birth centenary! He could not - celebrate century of his life because of his death at the age of 99 in 2018!

I was fortunate to meet Mr. - and Mrs. Lester James Peries in our 'IFFI'..'International Film Festival of India' held at New Delhi in 2000. He was honoured in it!

Recently his death anniversary was there; So here is my homage to him..through my special article which was published in my this Blog 'CHITRASRUSHTI' (FILMWORLD) on 17th May, 2019.


Please see it!..Humble Tributes to them!!


- Manoj Kulkarni

No comments:

Post a Comment